Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Is nearby any intention I shouldn't whip over-the-counter niacin supplements to bump up my HDL?

I've successfully lowered my cholesterol to 160, but my HDL is down to 30 in the process. Should I lug niacin?Is nearby any intention I shouldn't whip over-the-counter niacin supplements to bump up my HDL?
I just go through this with my doctor. You necessitate the prescribed kind. To bring the same amout of biddable as the prescribed kind you own to take so much it truly does damage to your body.
Coach
do you hold ciliac disease? that will make you not involve niacin too
The high doses of niacin that are needed to put on a pedestal your HDL may be toxic to the liver. Therefore, you will need to hold periodic liver test (blood tests) to monitor things. It would be wise to simply take high-ranking doses of niacin under the guidance of an experienced healthcare provider (Medical doctor, Chiropractor, Naturopathic Physician or Certified Clinical Nutritionist). (Note: time-release niacin is largely considered the risky form).
You could, except with over the counter supplements near are no FDA standards. Actually, there are no locally recognized standards. Over the counter supplements, herbals, and other intuitive meds may not have contained by them what is stated on the bottle. There could easily be more, smaller quantity, or no active ingredient inside.
Niacin is cheap anyway. I would in recent times get the tried and true stuff.
I do wonder something like the lower HDL. HDL usually responds positively to exercise. I would try that, if you haven't, before tally another drug.
The time-released niacin ("Niaspan" is the leading brand) is marginally more potential to cause the -reversible- liver problems, but is much much smaller number likely to make happen the irritating flushing and itching that always ensue with regular niacin. If you own no liver disease, the risk is acceptable, beside regular monitoring of liver function.

No comments:

Post a Comment